Saturday 20 November 2010

??

So today was meant to be one of those really overly productive days. . .where you get absolutely everything done that you set out to do on Friday afternoon.

However i stayed up a bit late on Friday night watching films by myself, which is a bit miserable but when you are watching something you kind of forget what's around you and become completely engrossed in the film anyway. It was one of those films that requires you to think. On recommendation from someone i work with i got Shutter Island, and i can see why he liked it, it was really dead good.

Well despite this i still woke up at around half eight, which for a Saturday was amazing. Nest was downstairs playing COD which meant i stayed in bed for another hour until finally getting up. . . and then i found myself sitting mindlessly in front of the TV for an hour watching Goks fashion fix, wondering what the hell happened to my life!!

Finally i got up, and its Christmas, or it felt like Christmas so i went over board. . .


Yeah thats one Christmasy jumper!! 

After a most enjoyable drive out to Bury listening to band of horses and thinking about the summer time it was one or something later, anyway, i didn't get anything i wanted to get in bury and just got distracted by some owls!! I saw them and i was reminded of something i had seen in a competitor magazine a few weeks before when trawling through trying to find something of any interest.


They were pretty immense.,. . i looked at them for about. . .ten minutes, and willed myself to buy one. . . .but i couldn't justify spending £15 on owls. . .when i could make one from this magazine that would look like this - 

I reckon its just as good. . .its not but i'll pretend. 

Sadly i saw some boots that i wanted, they were over £100, i don't have that. . ..and then i wandered into a computer exchange shop and saw this DVD on blue ray. 

Umm i stood and looked at Funny Games for at least ten minutes trying to remember where i saw it and the story line and why i was so wanting to watch it again. Then i remembered sitting with Luke watching this entire film and being so confused by the whole thing, why there was a film like it. . .and the soundtrack? Well just watch it. . .don't watch it. . .maybe? Anyway these to people who like golf are actually crazy. . . and a few weeks later on a long drive up to Scotland my tire burst on a motorway with snowy mountains on one side and a sheer drop to a via duct with train lines and stuff on the other side. Standing at the side of this busy road completely defeated and angry and miserable and screaming at the woman from RAC who decided she "didn't know where we were in relation to anything and therefore couldn't possibly send anyone out to help" well. . yes standing a the side of this road, a man pulled over in a massive massive massive land rover crazy Satan death metal satanic metal death music filling the lay-by as he open his doors to help!! So this is good right? Hes helping, well he opened his boot, and there they were, golf clubs! I was completely petrified. Obviously he was a dead harmless and nice man. . .but at the time, completely scared!

So that happened, and i didn't do anything i wanted to do. . .and i gave up and came home. I did see the new Harry Potter film, which is really really good.

I have decided that it is a nice idea to take photos of everything that is nice. Or that brings a memory, or deserves having a photo. I also got an app so i can change them all. . .make them pretty before i upload them, thats why they look al right. . .i'll get bored of that soon enough though.

My dad always used to say that "Photographs are just ghosts from the past" He is a man who enjoys taking hundreds of photographs, looking at them once and then putting them in cupboard and forgetting they exist. I always thought there was some truth in that comment, in the sense you look at something from your childhood and for me anyway i always wish and wish i could go back. . . so hard, and i end up just. . y'no living that dream! At the same time, its amazing. . .to look at something from so long ago, photos of your grandparents when they were 16, how different people look. . .amazing.

I did think alot today about work, university work. . . . writing and i starting thinking up a character in my head. . .someone, with a sweet voice and a Russian accent? Dark hair and tick eyebrows that suit her. . .green eyes that stare out of skin really intensely because of the contrasting colours of hair pale skin and green. Successful and loved by everyone, generous and kind. . .but just a bit of a bitch!! I think i will write her out next. . . i need to do more. . .like just writing and writing character making, they need to be believable. My next assignment i'm nervous about. . .we have to write a full story. . not long, but the characters and the dialogue need to believable and complex, as well as the description, i need to challenge all the cliches and make something fantastic. Umm its hard work.

If you haven't already guessed i can't sleep. . .so i'm definitely rambling. 

I can't stop listening to this at the moment -

Waking up zeroed in on medicine
Am I waking up at all today
Seeing lights, feeling pain
There's my cure on ice
I can walk but I will crawl there
I will crawl there
Sitting straight, feeling faint
An exhausted smile screens my words
But I will hear them
Here's a phrase that we all know
But I can't make sense
I don't know words but I will hear them
I still hear them
Never ran away for the sake of scars
Tried not to move but she was armed
And shots were fired
Now a hole in the head of this wounded liar
Never had a drink that I didn't like
Got a taste of you, threw up all night
I got more sick
With every sour second rate kiss
Everything I never would miss again
I don't know who your boyfriend is . . . 

When it came out i brought the vinyl of it, just the single, it was white. . . and the b-side was an acoustic version of this song, its better than the original! It crackles at the beginning because of how many times i played it when i used to live at home, and its alot quieter than if you were to download it or listen to it on a CD. The kind of quiet that you forget and when you put a CD on next it makes you jump and run over to the volume and quickly try and turn it down. 

I want to listen to this again.

I probably ran out of crap to write before now and just carried on, i'm going to go now!! 

Its no longer Saturday.

No comments: