Tuesday 15 February 2011

T-T-Tuesday

It has definitely been one of those weeks. . .or more like one of those months.
Nest moved out last at the weekend, and I spent it out and about trying to busy myself and not think about it, it was the loss of a friend, and company and just someone to talk to. . .and when I arrived home after the weekend to an empty house it was really sad. Really sad! So I was upset and miserable.
However amongst all the crap I've had fun. Someone I work with got married at the weekend, and although it was on a Friday and we were all working we went afterwards to wish them all congratulations and it was beautiful, and the bride looked beautiful and the room was lovely, and all my work friends were drinking as I drove and it was funny and we danced and we ate buffet food until we felt sick, it was good. Also the weekend before . . . or maybe the weekend before, everything merges into one I drove up to Birmingham to visit Joe, we drove out to Liverpool, (I had never been) we walked around Ellesmere port, and I brought a dress reduced to £15 – it was designer and it was £15!! I know! I wanted to go to the seaside, that’s what I love about where I’m from, you're only ever ten minutes away from the sea, but in Birmingham which is right in the centre of the country. . .well it felt ever so landlocked, and I’m just not used to that. So we drove to Blackpool which Joe told me was close. . .it wasn't close and it took a long time and it was dark when we arrived. But it was fantastic. It was a ghost town, and it was freezing and we walked on the beach, and we went into the arcades and I won! (I didn't win) We ate fish and chips and got cold, and we drove back and stopped in services on the way home. I want to go back there.
So I’m busy busy these days, I'm trying to do a poetry assignment and I'm no good at poems, and I’m also trying to pack up my house. . . I’m moving in with my friend, better that than be alone.

1 comment:

Carol said...

Liverpool and the beach walk in wintertime. Your a brave lassie to take that on :)
Hope your move goes well and that the "lonesome blues" will depart lickety split.